5.9.09

sundborn







I went to the place Sundborn and the house of artists Carl and Karin Larsson. The lived there in the end of the 19th century and the house is now a famous museum even tho it still belongs to their ancestors. This is the most beautiful home I have ever been to, because it does still feels like a home rather than a museum. I am now obsessed by Karin Larsson and her very-ahead-of-her-time modern textile and furniture designs. Her use of colour, geometric shapes and the functionality of everything she designed is amazing, today you can see things and patterns in Ikea that are very similar to what she made. Sadly you are not allowed to take any photos inside the house (although I took two sneaky ones) so I would like to spend a week there just sketching ideas and getting inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment